Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Healing and hurting.

Rwanda is nearly beyond words for me. There is more pain here than I ever imagined existed. Sometimes one person's story contains more evil happening to them than I have ever even heard about.

To go along with that I have had my faith brought down to one choice on my part. Do I choose to trust God? I have chosen to trust but it is something I will never understand. I can't not trust this God I see here. His power is beyond my understanding. And the extent of what Jesus took on Himself on the cross has a whole new meaning for me now.

It is not all pain though. There are amazing people here. There are people in my class, people I interact with daily, that have survived hell on earth and they sing praises to God. The depth of their faith is truly awesome.

Still, not everyone is able to heal yet. I would really appreciate prayers for one Rwandese guy in my class. His name is Sellassie. He has become a friend of mine but he is having a very hard time with life in general right now. All I can say is pray hard for him and his remaining family.

Johanna Beachy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Johanna!

Thanks for letting me sleep in you bed while you're gone!! We miss you.
I don't know how you feel about snow, but there is LOTS of it here right now.
Your mom had to work today and she really misses being here with us.
Hope to talk to you on Christmas day.

Love, Grandma Kaye

Watchman said...

Thanks Johanna for posting on a blog site for all of us to enjoy. I have a grandson in Botswana with Flying Missions. You young people desreve a pat on the back for the vision you have and work you are doing. God Bless, Glen Beachy editor of Beachy Echoes blog site.