Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mizero!


Mizero. They are beautiful. I got to see them and hear them on Sunday morning. Many of them watched their parents being killed during the genocide - many would have been about 3 and 4 and 5 years old at the time.

And yet there is such grace and tenderness in their faces and in their movements. The woman, Francois, who was with them, took them in and taught them to sing and dance and led them all to Jesus.

They did a couple lively songs where they invited people to dance with them. It was very fun to watch! We were standing and clapping to the beat of the drum and guitar. I looked to my left and there was one Rwandan teen girl with about 6 or 7 little American girls dancing in a circle in the aisle. Precious. Then on stage there were Rwandan teens dancing with older Americans. At one point some young African American men jumped up on stage and danced with the young Rwandan men.

I know the Holy Spirit was in that place and filling us with joy. It seemed the Lord gave me a tiny glimpse of Heaven in that moment, when we, all from different tribes and language and country, will be worshiping our great, loving Creator together forever!


Pray for the 1,200,000 orphans in Rwanda. Pray for the 6,000 more every day all over Africa.

Here's one verse of a new song from Stephen Curtis Chapman called, Yours
"I walked the dirt roads of Uganda
I see the scars that war has left behind
Hope like the sun is fading
And they're waiting for a cure no one can find
And I hear children's voices singing
Of a God who heals and rescues and restores
And I'm reminded that every child in Africa is Yours."

Please watch the new movie, Amazing Grace. The story of William Wilberforce and the abolition of the slave trade in Britain 200 years ago.

"Africa! Your sufferings have been the theme that has engaged and arrested my heart." - William Wilberforce

With an arrested heart,
Gloria Beachy

No comments: