Friday, January 4, 2008

Back to School

Well, I didn't get to go into the DR of the Congo like I was hoping but at least I saw it. I also got to swim in Lake Kivu at Gisenyi which was really fun. Break has been very exciting and also relaxing but to be honest I am looking forward to going back to school on Monday. Mostly just because I miss my classmates so much. All the Rwandese students went to visit family so I look forward to them coming back.

We have two more months of classes and then we go to Kenya for outreach. There are some riots going on there right now because of the elections but it is mainly in Nairobi and we will be in the countryside. I am glad that I get to see another country. I must keep this post short. I had to switch computers twice at the computer cafe this time and the connection is not exactly reliable:) Oh, well. I hope you are all having a fabulous New Year. I pray that you can all see God in your daily life.

Bye! Johanna

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you keep us updated! Praying for you! Cousin Sue from DE

Anonymous said...

I was just in Nairobe and have friends there. Be safe and know that internet access throughout Africa is spotty at best.
Glad to see your blogspot.
Nancy Blackburn (Cousin Skip's wife)

Glo said...

Hey Honeygirl! I'm reading We Wish To Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed and our Families and there is a map of Rwanda showing Lake Kivu. I read about it and you swim in it!
In June you can swim at Wells Beach!
Love, Mumma

dcdemaree said...

Hey cutie,
I finally got this whole blogging thing figured out, well Uncle Pete did. Anyway, we are keeping you in our prayers. Love you lots
Aunt Di and Uncle Pete xoxo