Saturday, April 12, 2008

Safe Arrival in Kenya!


Johanna's close friend Laura (pictured) posted this on Saturday morning after their arrival:

"We left Soroti at noon yesterday and traveled through the night to arrive in Nairobi this morning at 5 am. We then took another bus to the bush bush and are at the base. The nearest town is a 30 min walk, and there is no internet there. I am using the internet at the base but it is expensive so I won’t really be able to use it much. I am told that if we go out of the base into the bush to have our morning quiet time, we are likely to be met by giraffe and zebra. It is really beautiful but there is nothing here. I am not sure what our ministries will be yet, we will find out on Monday. ... Please excuse the infrequency of my posts from now until I get back in Rwanda…things are a little different now that it is easier for me to see a giraffe than to get to a computer…"

No comments: