Friday, August 14, 2009

I'm alive!

Hi you guys,

Don't worry I haven't perished of a strange tropical disease. I have a lingering cough but other than that I am doing very well. Thank you all so much for your prayers. Here at the base I got prayed for in English, Afrikans, Portuguese, and French so I was pretty well covered. The flu bug thing is going around here and lots of people are getting sick.

I just found out today that I thought I had payed all my school fees but actually I have to pay another 12,000 rand for outreach. Bit of a downer of course but it is actually rather awesome the way God has already begun to provide that for me. I have had people offer to support me earlier this week before I knew that I would be needing this and I found out that I have a 401K check coming from one of my jobs in Montana. I think it is so cool that God knew I was going to be needing to pay this and started to prepare for it before I knew.

Here's how the rest of this school is going. We have 3 more weeks of teaching and then we are going to another part of South Africa where we will be working at a long term care home for paraplegics, quadraplegics, and elderly. Our job will be mainly helping with washing in the mornings and getting them breakfast. We are there until the end of September then we come back here to Worcester for some last minute teaching then off to Zimbabwe. We will be in Zimbabwe from October to December mostly in Komayanga village. After graduation I fly home for Christmas.

I have kind of flopped when it came to fund-raising for this school which I apologize for. Many of you have expressed a desire to support me financially and I am sorry I didn't organize this better for you. I was planning to put off fund-raising until I came back next year when I could do a really good job and send out stuff to make it easier for people. I will still do that but if you are sensing God leading you to not wait until then you can send a check to my home address which I will provide [See blog heading] or give it to my lovely parents if you are in NH. May I just tell you that I already appreciate your prayers because they are the greatest most powerful support you can give me.

Thank you all tremendously! Ndagukunda cyane. I am heading to Cape Town with friends (someone is letting us crash at their house for the weekend) so I will talk to you later.

Isimbi Johanna

1 comment:

Glo said...

Now I'm sighing with relief...Ahhh ;)
Thank You LORD!

I can't write much, Joseph is waiting to go do errands with me before he leaves on TUESDAY!

It sounds like you are appropriately trusting God for funds, that's great.
But I especially like the "fly home for Christmas" part. ;)

Ndagukunda cyane right back!
One of your 'lovely' parents. XOXO