Friday, May 9, 2008

Back home in Rwanda

Hello peoples!

I am now back in Rwanda! I missed it so much and it is such a relief to be back here. I love this country so much.

The bus ride getting here was a bus ride from...never mind; 26 hours driving over what must be some of the worst roads on East Africa. We also drove right through the Rift Valley which is other-worldly beautiful but also a little scary since that is where most of the violence in Kenya has been concentrated. At one point we drove past a row of burned down buildings where people had been driven from their homes. God is good and He got us back to Kigali safely.

I will right a longer post in the next couple of days to let you know more but for now I am still exhausted:) I am not looking forward to leaving by the way. If it were not for wanting to see all of you again I would never leave Rwanda I think. Talk to you later!

Isimbi Johanna

P.S. Please pray that I will get to see Selassie before I leave. I miss that kid more than I can describe and everything in Rwanda makes me think of him. Strange the people God chooses for us to be connected to.

No comments: