Thursday, May 22, 2008

Leaving Rwanda

Hey people,

I have a brief chance today to send my last blog post from Rwanda. It
is my last day here. I leave for the airport tomorrow morning. I have
been trying to pack in as many things at once as I can.

I just came to the internet after trying to walk to my friend Didier's
house. I'm afraid I got lost before I could make it. Now it is not
just my poor sense of direction to blame; usually Didier and I walk
there together and it is the back way that has a lot of little twists
and turns that all look alike. Today Didier said he wanted me to try
to find it myself and when I said I might get lost and end up
wandering through the valley he said he hoped I would so that I would
miss my plane and not be able to leave. His plan almost succeeded:)

This week has been very sad with all the good-byes and knowing that I
will be leaving this country for who knows how long. I have also not
been able to get in touch with Selassie which in a way breaks my heart
because I don't think I will likely ever see him again. I told God
that if for whatever reason I did not see Sel again I would still
commit to praying for him the rest of my life and I will stick to
that. Oh dear, I am going to need cheering up when I get to NH.

Well, please pray for safe travels for myself and my bags. I will be
in London for the weekend and then home Monday night. See you all
soon!

Isimbi Johanna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you probably won't even see this until you get home, but your family was thinking about you this evening while we celebrated Joseph's birthday at Margarita's. We were knowing that you would be sad as you spend your last night there, so we prayed for you and loved you as we anticipate loving you with our arms. We will certainly do our best to "cheer you up"!! It will be our pleasure for sure! XOXO Mumma

Anonymous said...

Hi Johanna,
I remember you as a shy child, and I must say, you have grown up! I was so pleased that you family sent me the link to your blog. I have been watching and praying. You are returning to NH a different person. God has allowed you to go to a place where He could mold you. What a joy to see how He has taught you and how you have responded to His lead. I know it will be difficult to return to the states. There will be "reverse cultural shock". But what you have learned will always be a part of you--a very good thing! You will have a sensitivity to God you did not have before. Remember that His Word will always be your anchor. stand on it, and it's truth.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful journey with so many.

Because of Jesus, Susan Long