Thursday, May 15, 2008

Growth

HI peoples!

So I will be back home a week from this Monday. I can't really wrap my
mind around that because it doesn't feel yet like I am actually
leaving and to be blatantly honest I don't really want to. It will be
nice to see you people though...

There has been a recurring theme for me in this school from the very
beginning and it has been stronger the last few days so I thought I
would share it with you. God has been making it clear to me for a
while now that He considers this to be a time for me to grow up. It is
His desire to use this time and experiences to mold me into a woman of
God. I am being challenged to leave behind old patterns of thought and
behavior and mature. Sometimes it is downright hard and I would rather
just not try. The best way I can describe what I am trying to say is
that God is in the process of re-potting me. You know when a plant
grows to the point that it needs to be moved to a bigger pot in order
for it to grow even more. That is me right now. It isn't easy because
God is getting to my roots and digging up things I don't really want
to deal with which I can share more about one-on-one when I get back
if you want.

I've had a tendency for the past few years to just look back at how
far I have come which is considerable and be content with that. God
transformed me from what I used to be like and the danger for me is to
think that He is done now. The truth is that He wants me in a
continual state of transformation. It excites me the more I think
about it. God will never take His hands away from me and say there is
nothing more to be done. He will stay personally involved in my
growth. No matter how wise or godly I may become He can still do more
to make me a woman who reflects Him. So that is what I have been
reflecting on recently.

Anyway, our class has our graduation ceremony this Friday. Everybody
is graduating which makes me very happy. That means that the only one
we lost is Selassie. Speaking of which, I have tried to reach him and
not succeeded yet. I would appreciate continued prayers for him and
for the chance of seeing him before I leave. I only have 8 days left
in Rwanda. I don't want to dwell on that thought. See you soon. Bye
for now!

Isimbi Johanna

No comments: