Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter!

Hi everybody,

I have not been able to get to the internet as much but will try to do
better. Ministry here is going well although it is already tiring. I
spent two days the beginning of this week in the hospital. Don't panic
family:) My friend got malaria so I stayed in the clinic to take care
of her. It was a good glimpse for me into the way clinics here work.
They took good care of her but so many other things were frustrating.
I want to work at a clinic like that so that I can see it improve! As
for the other things I've done; probably the most exhausting and also
the most rewarding is Amacet. Amacet is a home for young children
living with HIV/AIDS or babies that need someone to take care of them
for a time. It is grueling work, particularly the 14-hour overnight
shifts, but the kids make it all worth it. This afternoon our team is
going to an Easter celebration where we have been asked to
participate. I'm not much of a singer but at least I'm in a group.

Today makes exactly three weeks left in Soroti and then we will
hopefully go on to Athi River, Kenya for the last month. Your prayers
about that would be appreciated. The other thing to pray for is the
upcoming month of April. It is the hardest month of the year for
Rwandans because it brings so many memories of the genocide and is
often the anniversary of the deaths of their families . I am grateful
actually that we are not in Rwanda next month but it will still be a
difficult time for many of our team members. They are my family now
and the pain they experience is intense enough that I feel it as well.
Oh, to be honest I quite miss Rwanda. I will be back there for two
weeks before I go home at least. Well, I must go...Monday is my day
off next week so I will try to write more then. Bye! See you in June!

Isimbi Johanna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Johanna, I loved reading about your Easter Sunday and your heart for the LORD. Yesterday I read a devotional that reminded me of you. It was written by someone ministering in Kenya and here is part of it. "Crouched in the sand one afternoon, with a dozen small black hands waving in my face with fingers caked in paint, I felt a strange overwhelming feeling of fulfillment. It was one of those moments where you know you are exactly where God wants you to be, doing just what He desires, and suddenly nothing else holds appeal. ..... It is only when we are in God's will that we find true fulfillment and His desires become our desires."

Keep on doing His will!!

Love, Grandma Kaye