Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hello from the other side of the equator!

Hi everybody!

I have to be very quick but I wanted to let you know that I arrived safely in Uganda:)

The bus trip was long and very bumpy. We drove across the equator along the way which was cool. I found it even more fascinating to drive across the Nile! On one side was all big modern buildings and the on the other side down by the shore I looked out the window and saw some fishermen in little dugout canoes. That is what I have found Africa in general to be like; a blend of modern up to date technology and old old traditions that have hardly changed in the past few thousand years. Maybe that is part of the appeal.

Oh, I need to go. I will post a more complete update later that includes what it was like working with little children with AIDS. Talk to you soon!

Isimbi Johanna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I work at His Mansion and have a real desire to go to Rwanda. Thank you for this blog. It is good to hear what it is like.