Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A quick hello

I have to be fast today but I wanted to say hello to all of you and I miss you.

I will be leaving a week from today to go to Soroti, Uganda. In fact,
I just came from the Ugandan Embassy here where I was working on
getting my visa. It is exciting to go and sad to leave Rwanda. OK a
short recap of my time here...In the past three months I have:

  • Eaten cow stomach and intestines
  • Become an expert at bucket showers
  • Learned a very little bit of Kinyarwanda, Swahili, and French
  • Cooked over charcoal
  • Completely lost the whole idea of personal space
  • Seen zebras, giraffes, antelopes, warthogs, baboons...
  • Heard the most horrific testimonies in person
  • Swam in Lake Kivu

And the list could go on and on but I am out of time! I will try to
write again soon. Miss you all and love you!

Isimbi Johanna

No comments: