Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I love my life

Hi dear people,

I am borrowing my lovely Lissia's computer but she is from France so her keyboard is a little strange for me; if there are any typos it's because of that. The plus side is that I get to listen to fantastic French music as I write this. Someday I will be fluent in French.

Seriously, anyone who thinks that being a Christian means you are always going to lead a boring life full of rules is missing out on so much. I can barely begin to list the amazing things I get to do just because of where following Christ leads me. I'm going to Zimbabwe in 6 days because of Him. I wanted to remind you all of one of the ways that our God blesses us; by giving us adventures. He's so cool!

I and my classmates had a wonderful time in Knysna as I said. We had some interesting days together learning more about our personalities and differences but it was good. We are spending this week cramming in some last lectures before we leave. Our teaching is on the nervous and endocrine systems which I didn't realize I would like so much. They are such delicate and incredibly important systems that are created so beautifully how could you study them and not glorify our Creator God. Really amazing. On Monday we are on our way. We take a bus from here in Worcester to Johannesburg which will be about 16 hours. We'll stay in Joburg overnight and then take a combi to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. Please be praying for safe travels and that we can get across the border as soon as possible. The police can take a rather long time checking everyone's bags and then visas take time as well. Still I've driven across borders in Africa before and it is really fun. It's a great way to see the nitty-gritty of a country. I have been learning whatever I can about Zim before we go and God has blessed me with some great opportunities to talk with people about it. I'm so excited to go!

I will talk to you again before we leave. Thanks for your prayer!

Isimbi Johanna

4 comments:

Glo said...

Can't wait to talk with you on Saturday! And I'm looking forward to finding out what you will be doing in Zim - unless you don't know yet either!

It is very true - following Jesus is NEVER boring - it is truly the Great Adventure.
Love you!
Mumma
XO

Hilaree said...

Hi Johanna...it's your cousin, Hilaree. Amazingly enough, I was just talking to a friend yesterday about how following what God has in store for us is an adventure - such an adventure that I get goosebumps over the possibilities. So wonderful to see how the Holy Spirit confirms these thoughts in both of us, at the same time, my sweet cousin. Maybe one day my babies and I will visit you in Africa...

Anonymous said...

Bug,

I love you and am jealous that you have a roommate that is not me. I miss you alot and I am praying for you. I actually had a new roommate the last few nights, a HUGE rat and a millepede in my bed. NICE

I know you never can check your e mail, but we are buying bridesmaids dresses for the wedding and Elise needs to know what size you want....I can have her buy it and then you can pay her back.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bug I bought your dress, and we can deal with the rest later. Its beautiful, you will love it and I got you a size 4, that is the smallest they had, and if it is too big you can alter it! The alterations will be free at Nordstrom! I am so excited@