Saturday, September 5, 2009

Time to go try it out...

Hi all,

I wanted to let you guys know that I am leaving tomorrow to go on the first part of my outreach. Our class is going to Knysna, South Africa to work in a long-term care home for elderly and paraplegic people. It is around four hours from Worcester and we will be there until Sept. 21st. When we return we have one last week of classes and then on the 28th we leave for Zimbabwe.

Speaking of Zim, I was very blessed this morning to get to visit with my friend Rob from Zimbabwe. I met Rob about two years ago in Manchester, NH way before I ever had plans to go to Zimbabwe. He has since moved back to Zim and was here in SA visiting friends so we met in Cape Town to catch up. I think it is just so cool how God knows our lives before we live them. I had no idea but He knew that I would be in Zim someday. I really am so excited to see this country; from what I hear God is turning things around from what they were like even just last year.

I will write you as soon as I can and definitely before I go to Zimbabwe:)

Isimbi Johanna

1 comment:

Glo said...

Even though you are already gone to Knysna I will still reply - what a wonderful opportunity for you to love in such a practical way!
I'll pray for specific God-appointed connections. I know you will bless everyone you care for.

And it IS cool how God goes before us in every way!
I LOVE YOU!
XO