Monday, September 28, 2009

Zimbabwe!!

Hello all,

So this will be my last post before I go to Zimbabwe which means I don't know when you will hear from me again. Hopefully, I can find a computer to use to let everyone know I'm still alive sometime this week.

We are leaving tonight at 7 and will reach Johannesburg around noon tomorrow. We stay there overnight and then continue on to Zim; we should arrive in Bulawayo sometime on Thursday.

Concerning prayer, just keep it coming! The base prayed for our team this morning to send us off and you can never pray too much. Zimbabwe needs prayer for sure but I believe God has great things in store for turning this country back to Him and I am excited to see a glimpse of it in the coming months. We are praying for safe travels of course and then some things to keep in mind are unity amongst our team, wisdom in our words and actions, and most importantly that God would use us to glorify Him in Zimbabwe. We may be going there as a health care team but really God can use us however He wants.

As for me, I am so excited to be going. I love seeing new countries! Time goes by so fast and I want to make the most of the 2 months I have in Zim. Before I know it I'll be going back home for Christmas. I look forward to seeing you all in December and I will write to you from Zimbabwe. Bye!

Isimbi Johanna

2 comments:

Glo said...

"...but really God can use us however He wants."

This is the perfect attitude for Him to do just that Johanna! And there's nothing more exciting than to be completely available to Him!

Looking forward to all the good reports.

"Now may our God and Father Himself and Jesus our Lord...cause you to increase and abound in love for one another, and for all people, just as we also do for you; so that He may establish your hearts without blame in holiness before our God and Father." 1 Thess. 4:11-13

Love, love, love,
Mumma

Anonymous said...

Bug I am so excited for you. Please be safe. I trust that you are safe in God's hands no matter what He decides to do, His will is always the best. I know you will trust in Him, seek Him and believe Him for provision in all you do. I pray that you will speak truth to those who are desperate for it. I love you and am so proud of you. Stay away from Robert M. Not a pleasant fellow...

ME